Jubilee Castle (Sea Beach Road)
Jubilee Castle was a simple two story castellated detached gentleman’s house, located on Sea Beach Road lose to Greystones Harbour, was built c1890. It contained five bedrooms and two reception rooms. The castle was reputed to have been built on the site of an old Lime Kiln.
Jubilee Castle was built by the Hewson family which included Thomas Hewson, Rev Henry Hewson, M J Hewson, the Rev Maurice Hewson and F M Hewson. This family were the children of Falkiner Minchin Hewson and Mary Brownrigg Hewson. In 1902 the Thomas Hewson brought a case against the La Touche family, for damages and to stop the sale of gravel from the foreshore by the La Touche Estate. Hewson won and was awarded 250 pounds and costs. By 1913 the castle was occupied by William John Young, who renamed it Rosetta Villa and the family occupied it until 1930, when along with several other houses on Sea Beach Road, it was damaged by a storm and subsequently demolished.