Farrankelly House (Kilcoole Road)
The current Farrankelly is a modern replica of the original long detached two-storey farmhouse, with hipped roof. The front façade has several doorways of a flat-headed and round-headed variety and flat headed six over six-sash windows, unevenly distributed. Originally had over five no. buttresses supporting main facade. The house is located off the old Kilcoole road coming from Killincarrig and is approached was approached by a tree lined avenue, with the entrance having a gate lodge.
Farrenkelly House was one of Co Wicklow’s oldest inhabited houses. The house dates back 800 years and some of the house was 450 years old. Over its long history, buttresses were added to support the walls of the original house, the last buttress being built 40 years ago. The house was occupied by the McDaniel family in the 18th century, with Charles and his wife Anne residing at Farrenkelly in 1703, when their daughter Elizabeth was born. Charles was succeeded by his son or grandson Cornelius McDaniel. The house and farm were later occupied by the McDonald family first with Francis McDonald followed by his son Cornelius McDonald. When Cornelius died his widow remained James McGlashan. It was acquired by the Evans family in 1904.
Church of Ireland RCB library Website; Https://www.ireland.anglican.org/cmsfiles/pdf/AboutUs/library/AngRecord/Delgany