Lewis's Hotel (Trafalgar Road)
This building was a two storey, four bay hotel built c 1890 as a detached house. When it was a hotel it contained a dining room to accommodate fifty seats, sitting room, and drawing room, upstairs it had 16 bedrooms and had a garden with fruit trees.
The building was originally Prospect House and converted into a restaurant run by Henry Joseph Evans, later a boarding House named Prospect run by C E Gardiner advertised in 1900 as having excellent board, with good cooking and attendance.
By c1920 Prospect House had become a Hotel and Restaurant and the proprietor was John Hughes Lewis, and was named the Central Hotel. John was born in Essex, England and in 1911 was a Catering Manager, living in Dublin. He was married to Kathleen Lewis. He died in August 1932. Later owned by Edward F Fleming, who died in 1946. He was married to Margaret (Orse Rita) Fleming. It later became a boarding school, before being demolished in 1972 to make way for St Brigid’s primary school, St Brigid’s School was originally located in the Blacklion area of Greystones.