Little Bray Castle
The castle named Little Bray Castle which no longer exists today, was located on the north side of the Dargle river, on the west side of Castle Street. It was a small Pale castle that was built in 1459 . Though it was recorded as in a ruinous condition from the 17th century. It must have been rebuilt, as later in 1845 by John Ramsay McColloch recorded that the castle in Little Bray was converted into a Barracks and also used for petty sessions until the courthouse was built in 1841. Later the castle was used rented by a butcher named Gerity. It was demolished in 1938.
Scott, George Digby (1884) The Stones of Bray, Cualann Publications, Bray.
Turner, Kathleen (1982) If You Seek Monuments, A guide to the antiquities of the Barony of Rathdown, Rathmichael Historical Society, Dublin.
Flynn, Arthur; A History of Bray, Tempus Publishing, Stroud (2004)
An Old Inhabitant; A Hundred Years of Bray and its Neighbourhood, from 1770 to 1870, Hodges, Figgis & Co Dublin (1907)